Throughout his remarkable career Mayer Handelman contributed greatly to the fields of senior care and pharmacy in Maryland and the mid-Atlantic region. His unrelenting focus on excellence in senior care and customer service were well known by all who had the opportunity to work with him. Mayer passionately believed in the value of continuous learning.
To honor Mayer Handelman’s life and work, LifeSpan Network and The Beacon Institute are partnering with the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists to bestow a new annual award.
The award will recognize an extraordinary person or organization for their distinguished service and educational leadership in senior care in the mid-Atlantic.
The first annual award winner will be honored at LifeSpan’s Annual Conference in Ocean City, Maryland on October 25, 2016.
To honor an extraordinary person or organization that has shown commitment, distinguished service and educational leadership in the senior care field.
1. Complete nominations must be submitted by email or hard copy by September 1, 2016.
2. A Nominee:
- Must demonstrate active involvement and leadership in the senior care field;
- Is not required to be a formal educator;
- Can be a staff person who has touched the lives of individuals intellectually in a significant way;
- Is recognized as having made significant contributions to the field, encourages others to strive for continuous professional improvement and actively inspires others to practice at their highest possible levels; and
- Can include organizations that promote a culture of increasing knowledge and continuing education.
A panel of judges comprised of representatives from LifeSpan, The Beacon Institute and the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists Maryland Chapter will evaluate the nominations based on the following criteria:
- The Nominee’s educational involvement and leadership that has directly impacted the quality of life and quality of care for Maryland seniors.
- The breadth and reach of active involvement and leadership as an educator in the senior care field or in the community-at-large.
- The Nominee’s overall role or influence in supporting, designing or initiating programs that raise practice standards and improve care outcomes.
Recognition of Honoree
LifeSpan Network and The Beacon Institute in partnership with ASCP will hold an award presentation during the LifeSpan Network annual conference.
Travel and accommodation expenses will also be complimentary for the Award Honoree. Our 2016 Annual Conference Award Ceremony will take place on October 25, 2016 at the Ocean City Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland.