As reported cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to spread throughout the state of Maryaland and the United States as a whole, the population of older and/or medically frail individuals appear to be experiencing the highest mortality rates and most severe presentations. While there is currently not a vaccine or known treatment for the virus, there are resources available to long term care and other providers to give background, guidance and best practices moving forward.
Additional COVID-19 resources offered by LifeSpan associate members are also available.
The following resources will keep you updated as the coronavirus situation continues to evolve:
- Maryland's Workplace Trauma Center, along with MIEMSS and the MBHA, offer individual or organizational behavioral health support.
- COVID-19 statistics in Maryland congregate living (MDH)
- Read Governor Hogan's April 29 ammendment to the issued Directive and Order Regarding Nursing Home Matters (MDH) (4/29/20), and the MDH order pursuant to the directive (4/29/20)
- Access the online CRISP Post-Accute Capacity reporting tool to report daily capacity reports (CRISP) (4/28/20)
- The Office of Health Care Quality has developed a long-term care dashboard for resources and information (MDH)
- The Maryland Department of Health has updates for Maryland providers of Medicaid services (MDH)
- Child care resources for essential personnel
- Temporary Waiver of Requirements for PASRR and MDS Validations (MDH) (3/30/20)
- Updated Letter to Clinicians Regarding Testing (MDH 3/26/20)
- PSAs for your residents from the MD Secretary of Aging (MDH)
- FAQs: Coronavirus Disease 2019 and Coronavirus and Older Adults
- View the status of COVID-19 in Maryland nursing homes, by individual location.
- Maryland government current orders and guidance.
- Letter to Governor Hogan from LifeSpan, HFAM and LeadingAgeMD regarding testing in SNF and AL.
- Maryland's Roadmap to Recovery website
- Instructions for folding and using Under Armour origami masks
- Mental Health Resources amid COVID-19 (MHAMD)
- Maryland Coronavirus Information for Businesses (including resources and financial aid information)
- Long-Term Care Nursing Homes Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit (CMS)
- Fact Sheet: Expansion of the Accelerated and Advance Payments Program for Providers and Suppliers (CMS)
- Governor Hogan Issues Executive Order Relating to Various Health Care Matters (3/16/20)
- Governor Hogan's coronavirus updates
- Recommendations for Infection Control & Prevention of COVID-19 In Facilities Serving Older Adults (MDH)
- Maryland Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak (MDH)
- COVID-19 resources from the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA)
- CMS issues memo: Nursing Home Five Star Quality Rating System updates, Nursing Home Staff Counts, and Frequently Asked Questions (CMS) (4/24/20)
- What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and the Coronavirus (US EEOC)
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has COVID-19 information available for employers (OSHA)
- COVID-19 FAQs on Medicare Fee-For-Service Billing (CMS)
- Healthcare worker risk assessment guidance (CDC)
- Topical collection of COVID-19 resources (HHS)
- COVID-19: Small Business Guidance and Loan Resources (SBA)
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (DOL)
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- CMS Announces Regulatory Changes to Aid in COVID-19 Surge (CMS)
- Prioritization of Survey Activities (CMS)
- Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critial Infrastructure Workers (DHS)
- Emergency Declaration: Health Care Providers Fact Sheet (CMS)
- The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine: COVID-19 Guidance, Resources and Tools (AMDA)
- Coronavirus Preparation and Response Toolkit (Argentum)
- Protective Mask Guidance for Healthcare Workers (CMS)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (CDC)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary (CDC)
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in nursing homes (REVISED) (CMS) (Updated 3/13/20)
Updated Infection Prevention and Control Guidance Specific to 2019-nCoV (CDC) (Updated 4/13/20)